Tuesday, October 20, 2009




Monday was such a perfect fall day that we went up to Indian Rocks on the Blue Ridge Parkway (mp 47.5). We walked up the short trail to some amazing rock formations. Full of caves and crevices, high points and overhangs just right for playing Indians or trolls. The little ones each picked out their own "houses" on the rock, complete with bedrooms, kitchens and lookouts. It reminded me of what I used to do when I was little and we went to the greenstone overlook. They collected sticks and rocks and spiky pine cones while I dug out some sassafras roots to simmer at home. Now our home is smelling of the spicy scent of fall. I might just risk a cup of tea.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful rocks, truly amazing. And, I too have such fond memories of Greenstone , mostly collecting acorns for an acorn fight or an acorn pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!Welcome to the blog world . this is great!! Thanks for getting your Ma started, Ella. I love you!

    ReplyDelete