Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Advent

 I am so pleased with the way our makeshift Advent wreath turned out.  I was tempted to have a single Advent candle for the center of our table, but the four candle wreath is a tradition all the children love so much, that I couldn't just do away with it.  Finding traditional purple and pink colored candles that don't smell horridly repulsive is a trick, so we splurged on beeswax tapers that smell delicious!

My idea yesterday was to write a highlight of each day of Advent here, in this space, to share (this is especially for you Mother Dear).  However, last night I fell asleep early, and blew my plans on the very first night!  So, while I won't promise every night, I will post our ITOTMs when I can. 

Yesterday was:
~Seeing Joshua outside passing the football with our neighbor

~The three children gathered in a tight little flock at the end of our row in church, arms around each other,  watching Father Joe light the first Advent Candle

~An impromptu Chile dinner at Maggie's, followed by malted chocolate cupcakes YUM!

Today:
~Knitting in the morning sun over breakfast

~Watching Joshua and Gabriel playing a *new* version of football together

~Seeing Joshua play football by himself...this is hilarious...it's like he's reenacting plays in slo-mo


 Finally finished my "newborn" hat, I'm guessing it will fit our baby in July, just when one needs a wool hat!

 Ella thought Star Baby might like to model

Joshua was SO proud of this football field he built today.  The end zone says VMI

3 comments:

  1. Your wreath is beautiful! And I really love those beeswax tapers. I use them year round but hadn't thought of using them for Advent--and you are right, the pink & purple non-beeswax ones I bought smell dreadful. Ugh.

    I did find a set of pink and purple beeswax tapers at Aquinas Books, but they were too pricey for this year...but for future reference, here's a link: http://www.aquinasandmore.com/catholic-gifts/Advent-Candles-Made-From-100-Beeswax/sku/77979

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Advent wreath is beautiful! I am going to do that next year :) I can never find pink and purple candles that I like, anyway. I love you! XOOXO

    ReplyDelete