Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Its the Simple Things

 Today was such a fun, out the ordinary, surprising sort of day.

 We walked all around the Rotunda, inside and out.  Slipped through the gates into walled gardens, touched statues, and watched construction.

 Appreciated this Remarkable Ginko (from the Remarkable Trees of Virginia) in her winter glory.

 Went out to lunch and lingered in one of my favorite used book stores.  ( I found a treasure: Holling Clancy Holling's Indian Book.  This is one of Joshua's favorites that we used to check out of the library when he was just four).

 Balanced across a pond, cracked ice, chased ducks,

 found freshwater clams with the living clam still inside.

Discovered Ancient ruins!

And do you know what?
When we got home I asked Joshua what the best part of his day was.  He answered that the day wasn't over yet.  I asked him again at dinner, and he said it was playing a game with me (Destruct 3), but that the day still wasn't over.  When he was all tucked into his bunk, I asked him again.  This time he said that the best part of his day was reading a story.  I had read him part of The Indian Book at bedtime.

1 comment: